Development, E-commerce, Payments
You are a strong Engineering team leader looking for a new great challenge? Want to be part of a major company in e-Commerce and build the best teams of engineers? International savvy, you want to share your multicultural knowledge with your future colleagues in Berlin?
Then, our opportunity of Director of Engineering e-Commerce in Berlin, Germany, is made for you! Let’s go through the details…
Major actor in the e-commerce field, our client specialised in providing fashion as a service. Active all across Europe, their Technology department counts offices in Germany, Ireland, and Finland, and develops more than 40 different products in-house and open source, covering Logistics, Brand and Warehouse Management and many more.
As the Director of Engineering e-Commerce, you will help our client in defining, deciding, and implementing major strategies and priorities, with the Convenience and Technology leadership teams.
Your main tasks will be to:
- Driving the main part of the journey of their customers through checkout & returns, and controlling the associated KPIs.
- Manage the technical part of our client transaction service for all of its departments and ensure its flexibility, adaptability and optimisation.
- Develop and lead our client’s engineering organisation and teams, increase their productivity and results
- Ensure the career development and guidance of future engineering leaders
- Recruit engineering leaders, improve engineering quality and lead through influence to ensure their overall growth
- You are strongly experienced in software development team management, preferably with large teams in sectors such as transactions, delivery, logistics, warehouse management or supply chain
- You have proven yourself as a inspiring and technical leader, built and managing multicultural groups in engineering
- You are familiar with the best practices in engineering and the tools used for large engineering teams
- You are recognised for your work as an outstanding software engineer
- Your communication and leading skills are second to none, with deep knowledge of intercultural management and, ideally, the European market
- Bonus point if you are familiar with the German culture and language
What they offer
- Competitive salary
- Great perks package: discounts on public transport, internal/external partners products, help for relocation, flexibility, holidays, sports/health offerings, family service
- Tech talks, product demos, coder dojos
- International working environment
Still with me? Then, what are you looking for?
Apply now, and show us that you are the one we are looking for!