You are an experienced Senior Backend Engineer based in Germany or willing to relocate? You are looking for a new position in a challenging atmosphere? You want to be part of an adventure in the mobile point-of-sale industry?
Then jump aboard, and check this opportunity of Senior Backend Engineer M/F for our client in Berlin or Cologne, Germany!
Who are they?
Our client is selling a mobile point-of-sale solution all around the world to all type of small businesses, helping them running their business by accepting new means of payment.
As a Senior Backend Engineer and part of the Merchants Acquisition team, your tasks will be:
- Being a technical leader within the team, coaching and mentoring other engineers to increase skills, abilities, and overall productivity, and providing them with code review feedback (for both style and implementation)
- Participating in API design and implementation for internal APIs and APIs exposed to their third-party integrators
- Giving comprehensive and thoughtful documentation and testing for your features before shipment
- Designing, implementing, and improving new backend services, while maintaining and extending current backend services written in Ruby and Node
- Collaborating with other engineers to ensure smooth deployment, operation and support
Who you are?
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or a related field
- You have a 3+ years experience in a software engineering position
- Also, you are experienced with micro services architecture and Restful APIs, Git, SQL (PostgreSQL), and Linux/Unix environment
- You have solid OOP and FP skills, and recognised for your debugging, optimisation, and problem-solving skills
- You are highly motivated, proactive, engaged towards projects and can write clear and concise code that your teammates can understand and use
- Responsibility and empowerment from day one
- Competitive salary, and education budget
- Visa and relocation supportRegular brunches, cocktail nights, parties, football, yoga, German classes with the international teams to help knowing each other better
- At least one off-site every year
- Startup atmosphere and environment with great challenges and a great working atmosphere!
Interested? Jump aboard now, send us your CV and show us why you are the one we are looking for!