Analytics, Big Data, E-commerce
As a Senior Big Data Engineer for this client, you'll act as a connector between data teams and the rest of my customers diverse engineering department. You will choose emerging technologies and approaches to create high-performance data processing solutions that scale. You will challenge status quo and help define the best practices for how to work by designing data-intensive applications. The data teams aim to solve the specific problems of a very data driven company that has already begun the journey to become a platform.Key responsibilities
Developing and executing the mid- & long-term technical vision and architecture with your teamsHelp your teams to find the right solution for complex problems by supporting, not steering themDrive team mastery of world-class development techniquesKeep a close connection to Product Owners / Product Specialists and be a sparring partner when creating the product visionFacilitate communication and decision-making between teams and stakeholdersSupport the development of the individuals in your teamsIdentify and share your knowledge of state-of-the-art technologiesRepresent at conferences and meetups, give technical talks and help to recruit great technical talent
How you will set standards:
Scale. Based on our microservices architecture, you and your team will own your code, and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well as operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS and Google Cloud).
Ownership. You and your team will consult and help our teams to develop, implement and maintain sustainable, high-performance, growth-ready data-processing and data integration systems.
Excellence. You will join a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest standards when it comes to the quality of your code and implementation. You will add value by leveraging and setting new trends in software design, architecture and web services.
Variety. You will consult a wide range of product teams to build, scale and continuously improve a variety of products that create value for our platform.
Key skills and experience
- Experienced with advanced skills in Python, Java or Scala and detailed knowledge of PostgreSQL, MySQL and/or Oracle.
- Ambitious in optimising and researching how Spark, Kafka, Hadoop (HDFS, Hive), Flink, Cassandra and other distributed systems can work together at scale. You come up with entirely new ideas to build world class data integration systems one step ahead of the industry.
- Motivated in making a positive impact on our engineering culture and encouraging knowledge sharing. You think big-picture, and constantly evaluate our work and processes to challenge us.
- Forward Thinking in your ability and interest in translating business requirements into technological visions, and ?reimagining ??data-processing technologies.
- Looking beyond current status quo and moving industry forward. Ready to critically review and present your ideas and the results of your work inside the company and to the broader international audience on conferences and meetups.