Analytics, Data Engineering, Payments
As a Senior Data Engineer, Payments; you'll help our client to shape the data infrastructure that supports our risk assessment models, responsible for processing Billions of euros every year. You’ll be involved into defining the data architecture and given the freedom to select the right mix of technologies to solve whichever problems come your way.
- You are experienced processing data at scale, in batches and streams
- Spark, Flink, Kafka, Apache Drill and others are your tools of trade
- You are experienced with RDBMS, NoSQL databases, and have an in-depth understanding of the consistency and availability guarantees they provide.
- You understand the properties of large distributed systems
- You are keen on understanding the business which your systems will enable and able to balance pragmatism and vision
You Are Setting Standards
- Variety. You design, develop, deploy, operate and improve important software solutions that possibly impact millions of customers.
- Autonomy. Based on our Microservices architecture, you and your team will own your code, and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS).
- Ownership. You and your team will work like a startup and take ownership for the whole development cycle - from architecture design to testing to implementation and maintenance.
- Excellence. You will join a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest standards when it comes to the quality of your code and implementation. You will add value by leveraging current trends in software design, architecture and web services.
Key skills and experience
- Skilled. In working with production-ready code in at least one JVM language (preferably Scala) and have prior experience in the big data technology landscape. E.g. databases, No-SQL data stores, distributed systems, big data processing frameworks (preferably with Spark)
- Courageous. In taking ownership and being accountable for the results of your decisions.
- Motivated. In making a positive impact on our engineering culture and encouraging knowledge sharing.
- Ambitious. In delivering products that re-define the customer experience and making bold decisions about the means and tools of delivery and operation.
- Culture. Culture of trust and empowerment, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, +70 internal technical and fun guilds, tech talks, product demos, Coderdojos, parties & events.
- Perks. Competitive salary, 40% discount, discounts from external partners, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals, free drinks & fruits, hardware of your choice.
- Development. Tour of Mastery, extensive onboarding, personal branding support, opportunity to attend and speak at conferences.
- Work Environment. Self-organized, autonomous teams and flexible working hours.