Data Science, E-commerce
Would you like to translate terabytes of data into improving the payments experience for millions of people around the globe? This position will be part of the Payments Team in Treasury and be responsible for helping design, develop and deliver payment solutions that support the needs across all its eCommerce business channels. In this role, you will work on transforming large, complex datasets into pragmatic, actionable insights.
If you consider yourself to be that unique hybrid of data hacker, business analyst, and communicator that maintains a strong customer focus and values pragmatism over perfection, then we’d like to hear from you!
- Responsible for analytical support, providing the payments team with accurate information and leverage data to identify, quantify and influence tangible business gain.
- Maximize the utility of internal data with a focus on improving Authorization rates for credit cards ;
- Analyze new and emerging trends in the payments data to provide a starting point for teams to implement new payment methods as appropriate;
- Perform ad hoc analysis using tools such as tableau, hadoop, and python as necessary.
- Participate and help drive cross-functional delivery of large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents
- Have an ability to see beyond the numbers, be the voice of data when communicating to decision makers
- Have the capacity to thrive in our fast-paced environment, adapt quickly and take ownership of your work
Key skills and experience
- Master’s, PhD or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, bioinformatics, etc.)
- Strong statistics background, good data visualization skills
- Minimum of 3 years experience solving real problems using data mining techniques specifically with payments data
- In depth knowledge of the Payments Industry (specifically e-commerce)
- Extensive experience and familiarity with various types of payment methods, such as local payment method culture (globally) Credit/Debit Cards (including Chargebacks) and alternative payment methods and their rules and regulations;
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders
- Ability to earn trust of team members and stakeholders; actively and productively participating with working teams; prior experience working with global teams across multiple languages and cultures;
- Proven ownership, execution and delivery accountability experience in highly visible projects (proven knowledge of project management discipline);
- Capable to work well under pressure in a dynamic environment and handle multiple priorities simultaneously;
- Ability to quickly adapt to rapidly evolving and changing business priorities, along with delivering programs leveraging technology and innovation;
- Language skills: Fluent written and spoken English is essential